Our medical practice has adapted our protocols in line with the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and State of Maine recommendations. We will continually update and monitor these protocols according to best practices.
Here's what patients can expect from us:
- We limit the number of people in our space at all times.
- We wear face masks and stand six feet away when possible.
- We practice diligent hand hygiene: we always wash our hands upon entering the room and prior to leaving; we will not shake hands in greeting.
- We take extra precautions to clean and sanitize exam and procedure rooms between patient visits.
Here's how we're asking patients to help:
- Please let us know prior to your appointment if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please let us know if you have traveled outside of Maine (besides Vermont or New Hampshire) the 10 days prior to your appointment.
- Please come to your appointments alone. (We are happy to call loved ones to share an overview of the appointment.)
- Please wear a mask. If you do not have one, we can provide one for you.
- Please wash your hands upon entering the patient room and prior to leaving.
- Please wait in your car and call us when you arrive. (Do not come directly into the office, even if you are late.)
- Please do not come to your appointment if you are not well or have a fever.
Some of our patients have expressed concerns about in-person visits during the pandemic. If you would like to reschedule your appointment, we are glad to do so, though we appreciate as much advance notice as possible.
Thank you for your continued effort to help us keep patients and staff healthy and safe. As always, feel free to call or email us with any questions.
Dr. Cindy Asbjornsen and the team at VHC